Our vision is to provide you with sound and effective accounting, auditing and human resource services. Our focus is solely on the Small to Medium Businesses as they form the back bone of the economy. In my experience most business people feel that no one understands their business and that doing business is about far more than just the bottom line. The day to day running of a business can be a struggle and adding accounting to it makes the task seem impossible. I have been through the mill a few times and I understand that business is a dog eat dog world and you need sound advice and an understanding ear. That’s what we provide, we care for your business as much as you do and we value your business above ours, without you, the client, there would be no need for our services.
We want to provide you with a service that will add value and assist you in maintaining sound financial practices, creating a viable profitable enterprise. We don’t just believe in counting the beans, but planting them in fertile soil, watering them and helping them grow into productive plants.
"I for one believe in the personal touch approach whereby a person becomes more than just another service provider you have to battle with. I tend to have a real open door policy whereby my clients have the freedom to just be themselves. I don’t use big words to make things sound more complicated than they already is. I use education as the tool of communication. I trust and hope we will be able to embark on a long friendship in business". says Justin Botha, Managing Partner
We simply don’t oversell ourselves & underperform. We ensure that our word is our bond with our clients and expect the same. We have been new kinds on the block and have now become the old farts sitting on chairs teaching the kids how to walk on the pavement.
A new client recently asked what sets us apart, and I would think that it is the way we think about life, business and the relationships we forge. Be it a multinational corporation with various level and departments, we all remain part of each other and should respect that.
Our greatest success lies within our clients. Our slogan remains as true today as when we started Blue Crane Financial Services in 2006.
We care for your business as much as you do!
Meet Justin Botha our Managing Partner
Justin is the Senior Managing Partner at the accounting, auditing and human resource consulting practice he co-founded 11 years ago, Justin has focused his target market as the small to medium enterprise sector in the firm belief that SME’s form the backbone of the South African economy and is an area where his firm’s professional service provision is often lacking and adds much value to business continuity.
While fulfilling the vital value creation role of Management Accountant in customer consulting, Justin focuses his service expertise on future-savvy forecasting and commensurate financial and strategic modeling that provides often fast-growing clients with the necessary vision and structure to exceed corporate goals and objectives most profitably.
Thus, beyond compliance and applying the historic recording of operational results as a backdrop that shapes a general commercial storyline, Justin applies advanced Business Management Advisory skills to identify emerging trends and overlooked market opportunities, in the process optimising organisational efficiencies to achieve consistent high quality, reduced waste, increase throughput, and much improved operational cost and supply chain management. His entrepreneurial mind set and management experience in public practice consulting, along with consistent application of continuing international education, position Justin as both an expert hands-on advisor to clients in the same business bracket, and a thought leader on the global and local financial, commercial and socio-economic climates faced by his clients across Africa.
With extensive experience in internal and external Accounting Practice, Business and HR Management, current market conditions and corresponding client needs have deepened his proficiencies in the provision of sound Corporate Governance, Succession Planning and Change Management advisory services. Justin consults across industries from a broad knowledge base and deep understanding of the challenges facing each at present. An agile communicator and sharp listener adept at swift and concise translation of complex business issues, Justin’s results presentation and proven business turnaround skills in consultation with clients operating locally and across international markets present him as a coveted advisor and trusted business partner.
- South African Institute of Chartered Secretaries: 3004922
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers: 813546
- SARS Tax Practitioner: PR797-6357
- South African Institute for Business Accountants (SAIBA); Business Accountant in Practice (SA) [BAP(SA)]
- South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA); Professional Accountant (SA)
- South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT); Master Tax Practitioner (SA)
1998 to 2018
- [In Progress] - Doctor of Business Administration; University of Liverpool, estimated completion 2019/20
- [In Progress] - Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management; University of Pretoria, estimated completion 2019
- [In Progress] - Doctor of Philosophy in Accounting Science (incorporating Master of Commerce in Accounting Science); University of Pretoria, estimated completion 2019
- Advanced Diploma in Tax Procedural Law; Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2017
- Higher Diploma in Taxation; Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economic & Management Sciences: Integrated Reporting; University of Pretoria, 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Services Management; University of Salford, 2016 Lead Scholar Practitioner: Dissertation – Integrated Reporting: Potential versus problems, success versus failures an exploratory research of its feasibility: An exploration
- Master of Science in International Accounting & Finance; University of Liverpool, 2014 Lead Scholar Practitioner: Dissertation – Corporate Governance: Multinational business and the role of corruption in developing countries, the case of South Africa.
- Advanced Diploma in Corporate Tax; Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2014
- Bachelor of Accounting Sciences (Honours) Majoring in Accounting & Auditing; UNISA, 2007
- Diploma in Business Management; Business Management Training College of Southern Africa, 2004
- Diploma in Bookkeeping [Top Percentage of Class]; Damelin College, 1999
- Senior Certificate / Matric; Monument High School, 1998
COURSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certificate in Estate Administration (NQF 6), UNISA, 2017
- Certificate in Business Rescue (NQF 6); UNISA in association with Law Society of South Africa, 2017
- Certificate in Taxation (NQF 6); Unisa, 2016
- Certified Short Course in Human Resource Management [with Distinction]; University of Pretoria, 2016
- VAT Masterclass, BDS, 2015
- Certified Short Course on Cost & Management Accounting; University of Pretoria, 2014
- Certified Short Course on Corporate & Ethics Governance; University of Pretoria, 2014
- Certified Course on Customs & Excise Taxes; University of Pretoria, 2014
- Practicing Licence in Non-Assurance Engagements; SAIBA, 2014
- Pastel Partner 2007 Intermediate [with Distinction]; Softline Pastel, 2007
- Pastel Payroll Certified Administrator Qualification [with Distinction]; Softline Pastel Payroll, 2007